Welcome tadpoles! Remember me mentioning the wacky, screaming frogs living at my Mom’s retirement center pond? Spent some time showing them my Nikon. Discovered the frogs got it ALL goin’ on. Listen to their chirpy, bug-eyed testimony.
Speak frogs! We await at your webbed feet for wisdom.
1. Become a good swimmer. They’re not talking dog-paddling, floating on your back with a Bud Light, or general lollygagging in the water. They’re talking swimming from point A to point B in an efficient and timely manner. It’s fabu exercise, easy on the joints and fantastic for the heart and lungs. Practice those swimming skills….you’ll be one-third ready for your triathlon. Ever seen a frog with arthritis, eh?
2. Take time to stop and sit on the lily pad. Is there something stunning you’re overlooking in your own pond?
3. Work on improving your kissing skills. The practice is fun and you’re sure to make a grateful splash with your Prince or Princess!
4. Look both ways before crossing the street. Your mother is right……a-gain. Another retirement home golf cart vs. amphibian tragic encounter. Feckless frog never knew what hit it. Hope he was wearing clean underwear.
5. Learn to be comfortable in your own skin….WARTS and all. They swear this quality is the root of real attractiveness.
6. Go ahead. Take a giant leap of faith. You’ve gotta dive in. It’s okay if you scream or croak (or worse!) before taking the intimidating vault. Besides, one can’t discern urine on a wet swimsuit…can one?! Doesn’t really matter if it’s fear or bravery motivating your jump-you’re getting the feet wet all the same. You’ll bob up for air immensely wiser….you’ll see.
Was gonna rub my legs together and sing you a love song. Oh wait…..I’m confusing frogs
Amphibious affection to all this week.