The burrs under my reindeer saddle blanket right now.
1. Shark hugging. Heard this is the latest snorkeling craze. Can rattlesnake-snuggling or porcupine-cradling be far behind?
2. Kanye and Kim’s latest video. I am NOT posting the link here. Can’t believe curiosity got the best of me. Three minutes of my life totally wasted! My eardrums are still furious with me. My totally old-person take, “I can’t believe what passes for music these days!”
3. The city of Amarillo’s logo issues. Really, people? We have a town brimming with gifted, creative types and we have to steal a logo from Dubai?
The city insisted they were still going to use the logo because although somewhat similar, they were not exactly alike.
Word came from the Mideast….don’t use the logo. Seems the city already had lots of items with the logo printed on it.
Oops. Now the local newspaper is sponsoring a logo contest. Wonder what continent this logo will come from? Hoping for the best.
4. Arm-firming sleeves. Have you seen the commercial for these stylish upper-arm firming sleeves?
You’re supposed to wear them underneath all your sleeveless garments and your arms will appear miraculously slim. No one will notice YOU ARE WEARING SUPPORT HOSE ON YOUR ARMS!
C’mon ladies. Wear sleeves or no sleeves, but you ain’t foolin’ nobody by wearing arm hose to hide your batwings.
Ladies…..why don’t we let the freakin’ batwing-arm flag fly? You with me?
5. The U.S.P.S. holiday stamps.
Of the three winter holidays-Hanukkah, Gingerbread House Day, and Kwanzaa–Gingerbread House Day is my favorite!! How about you? Maybe you like Gingerbread Boy Day better?
6. Selfies. I understand. You’re great-looking. You got new bangs. You look fine drivin’ your car. It’s difficult to refrain from taking pics of your wonderful self.
Did you see this selfie of the girl taking her pic while a suicidal man was trying to jump from a bridge behind her? She watched as the authorities tried to talk him down, then she snapped a selfie. Guess she wanted to document the moment so she could post it to Facebook later.
Here’s a suggestion, selfie-takers. Turn the camera a-round. Do what any sane person would do. Take a picture of your dachshund!
Is that asking too much?
Now, I’m off to work on my latest invention; the neck-firming sleeve!
Gingerbread Girl Day love to all.